Covid-19 has altered the way many businesses operate and changed the way consumers shop for the products they need. Online shopping has already become the primary shopping method for many customers, and it seems that trend will grow exponentially given the circumstances. This has forced many businesses to implement ecommerce functionality into their platforms in order to keep afloat. With a pivot to ecommerce, these businesses have had to consider key aspects of branding, including finding the right ecommerce boxes and other packaging solutions for their products.
What are Ecommerce Boxes?
In the most basic terms, ecommerce boxes refer to the packaging that your business uses to ship products to customers. For many companies, packaging design will be the first physical impression a customer has of your brand and your product. If your packaging is bland and cheaply made, it reflects poorly on your company and reflects poorly on the quality of your actual product. High quality packaging will help set the tone for every interaction a customer has with your brand going forward.
As a marketing tool, e-commerce boxes for your business can help you stand out amongst the many other similar companies and products that are available to consumers at the click of a mouse. Some of the features available in our custom ecommerce boxes include:
- Packaging boxes are easy to assemble and unpack
- Rectangular shape makes for easy stocking on store shelves and easy shipping
- Customizable box sizes to account for size and quantity of product
- 6 sided packaging that can be designed with custom print jobs for branding and information
Ecommerce boxes can be designed for a wide variety of products including:
- Food Products including Frozen and Refrigerated Food
- Clothing and Apparel
- Board Games
What Makes Great Ecommerce Packaging?
E-commerce has changed the way people shop, and with it has come a whole new list of challenges and considerations. With many people doing their shopping online and receiving their products by mail, it is incredibly important that their package arrives in the perfect condition. According to Amazon, “Our number one priority is to delight customers and packaging is an important part of that.” Here are some qualities that make e-commerce packaging stand out from the competition:
- Weight Considerations. Heavy items need thick, sturdy corrugated boxes to support the weight and ensure safe travel.
- Size. Providing a box that perfectly fits the item prevents it from moving around during shipping and reduces packaging waste.
- Security. When shipping fragile or high-value products, it is worth it to use secure, protective packaging to make sure it arrives safely. Double-walled cardboard adds some extra protection and strength to the package.
- Cost Effectiveness. Your packaging choices will affect your shipping costs. By using cost-effective packaging, you can pass savings on to your customers.
- Appearance. Your e-commerce packaging should be a representation of your brand. Attractive packaging makes a strong impression on customers when they receive their delivery. A high quality design and special touches can make packages feel unique and personalized.
- Sustainability. Using sustainable packaging not only helps the environment, but will also improve your company’s reputation. At Victory Box Corp, all of our corrugated boxes are made from recycled paper.
Ecommerce Packaging Dimensions
Finding the dimensions needed for the perfect packaging requires doing accurate measurements. So what are the dimensions you need to measure and how do you go about measuring them accurately?
- Length – The longest side when looking at the top of the box.
- Width – The shorter side when looking at the top of the box.
- Depth (Height) – The side perpendicular to the length and width.
One of the most important things to consider when measuring the dimensions is to measure the internal dimensions or from the inside lining of the box, rather than measuring from external dimensions (the outside walls of the box). Also, in cases where the box is taller than it is long, depth will be the largest dimension rather than length.
Understanding Internal And External Dimensions
When it comes to mistakes that people make when measuring corrugated box dimensions for their product, measuring the external dimensions in order to find the perfect fit is probably the most common. The internal dimensions are what will provide the most accurate space for your product. In fact, measuring from the external dimensions can leave you in a situation where the product simply does not fit into the packaging at all. Measuring the external dimensions does not factor in the thickness of the walls of a box.
Need Help With Your Ecommerce Boxes?
Don’t let the process of finding the perfect ecommerce boxes overwhelm you. The team at Victory Box Corp are experts at creating high quality packaging for products from many different industries. Reach out to us today and we can discuss your packaging needs and answer any questions you may have.